1. Wedding planners must have composure under pressure. Let’s face it, planning a wedding or large event is stressful. Planning a large milestone event can be emotionally draining. A wedding planner must be able to stay composed at all times. Being able to enjoy your event is a gift that a wedding planner can give you so that you are able to take mental snapshots of each moment that will be with you for the rest of your life.
2. Wedding planners must have a keen eye for the details. A wedding planner should be able to manage all of the details including décor, flower arrangements, ceremony and reception location, caterers, cakes, videographers, photographers, music and any additional needs that the couple desires.
3. Wedding planners must be able to communicate. You wedding planner will be your representative with local vendors and must be able to communicate your vision. They must also be able to communicate with your bridal party or event participants so that each person knows exactly where they need to be and at what time.
4. Wedding planners must be to manage their own schedule. The last thing you want is to feel as though the wedding planner you are working with is too busy. It is very important that your wedding planner is able to manage their own personal schedule. If they can’t manage their own schedule, how do you expect them to manage yours?
5. Wedding planners must be business savvy. You need a representative that is able to negotiate with local vendors to get you the best possible deals for your budget. They must be respected with their clients as well as the local vendors. We don’t want to be burning any bridges along this journey.
6. Wedding planners must be able to manage finances. It is very important that every penny of your budget is maximized to the fullest. Wedding planners must be able to find the best places to spend your money and have ownership over that as if it were their own money. Budget management is very important.
7. Wedding planners must be a trend setter. It is important that your wedding planner is taking steps to stay on top of the latest trends. The modern bride is changing everyday and it is important they understand and can balance trendy with classic.
8. Wedding planners must be easy to get a hold of. You need to feel like you can email or call your wedding planner at anytime with last minute requests or consultations. They must be able to return your phone call or email within an appropriate amount of time. Planning an event is always fast paced and they must be able to receive information and respond quickly.
9. Wedding planners must be able to handle confrontation with grace. As must as we try, sometimes things go wrong. A good wedding planner must be able to handle conflict quickly and find the best solution gracefully. You don’t want a wedding planner who has an attitude or snaps under pressure.
10. Wedding Planners must be someone you would want as a friend. Sharing an important event with someone you don’t personally enjoy being around, will only add to your stress. You need to feel as if they are a personal friend and they understand your needs and wants as much as you do.