The Best Man
Your best man will be you right hand man and is usually a close friend or family member. the best man's duties extend beyond organising your bucks party so there are a few other important factors to consider when making your choice.. for instance, will they be comfortable making a speech and playing a major role in the marriage ceremony?
here is a list of common best man responsibilities:
- Organise a Buck's Party for the groom
- Suit fittings
- Be prepared to stand in on many photo shoots
- Ensure the groom gets to the church on time
- Remember the rings and pass them to the groom at the exchange of rings during the ceremony.
- Make the first toast to the bride and groom
- Sign the marriage certificate
- Pass the cheque/cash onto the celebrant/priest/minister before the ceremony
- Dance with the Maid of Honour
These are the guys you’ve shared your past with are the best choices for your groomsmen. Often grooms ask their fiance's brothers to be there in an official role on the big day. The decision on who to include in your bridal party can often be influenced by family and close friends. The decision maker may come down to which of the guys you’ve know the longest or who is more reliable.
some typical groomsman responsibilities are:
- Suit fittings
- Help plan and pay for the Buck's Night
- Be there for rehearsals
- Arrive before other guests at the wedding
- Wear the correct attire
- Greet and seat guests at the ceremony
- Escort Mother of the Bride/Groom to her seat
- Escort a bridesmaid down the aisle before and after the ceremony
- Dance with a bridesmaid at the reception
Taken from http://www.brideonline.com.au